Even with best efforts, sometimes things happen to your teeth. They can develop decay, become damaged from an injury, or need to support an oral appliance for tooth replacement. That’s where dental crowns come in. These strong restorations provide reinforcement for your teeth that need it most so that they can continue doing what they do best. At Greybull Dental, we are proud to offer high-quality dental crowns for our patients and help them regain confidence in their smiles.
Why Choose Greybull Dental for Dental Crowns?
Metal-Free, All-Ceramic Materials Available
Personalized Treatment Plans and Lifelike Results
Experienced, Compassionate Team of Dental Professionals
What are dental crowns?
In short, a dental crown is a prosthetic that replaces the portion of a tooth that appears above the gums. In the past, they consisted primarily of metals, but nowadays, we offer crowns that are made from porcelain and are custom crafted to look exactly like a natural tooth.
What are dental crowns used for?
Out of the dental prosthetics available, dental crowns are clearly the most versatile in their uses. Here are just some of the things that dental crowns can address:
- Decay in a tooth that cannot be resolved with filling material.
- Damage to a tooth from an injury.
- Broken or cracked tooth.
- Worn-down tooth.
- Misshapen, discolored, or small tooth.
- Anchors for dental bridges.
- Restoration for a dental implant.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
Because of the many uses for a dental crown, it can do many things for you, including the following:
- Enables you to use the affected tooth again in daily functions like chewing food and speaking clearly.
- Strengthens the tooth that would be weak on its own.
- Looks realistic because porcelain reflects light like tooth enamel.
- Protects the vulnerable tooth from bacteria, decay, and sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Restores the tooth’s health.
- Provides stability for a dental bridge.
- Replaces the top portion of your missing tooth when combined with a dental implant.
What is the process for getting a dental crown?
After an evaluation from one of our dentists, he may suggest a dental crown for treatment. Once you agree to move forward, a dental crown is placed as follows:
- If the tooth is decayed, we will remove the infected portions of the tooth. Otherwise, the tooth will be prepared accommodate the crown by having a small amount of enamel removed.
- Then we will take impressions of your teeth and send this information to a trusted dental lab where your crown will be made specifically to fit your mouth.
- Before you leave, we will attach a temporary crown.
- When the crown is finished, you will come back to our Greybull office so that we can permanently bond the crown in place.
We understand that life happens and that your smile could need some extra help to stay healthy, happy, and strong. To keep using your teeth for many years to come, you may need a dental crown. Make an appointment with us to resolve the issues you may have and get back on the path to a functional, beautiful smile.